Directory Expert Zone Community Shaadi SHOP Shaadi MATRIMONIALS
A relationship and

Indian wedding

 portal by



Love & Relationships


Fashion & Style


Beauty & Health



Body Care

Eat Right

Hair Care

Sexual Health

Health & Beauty Shop






Home & Kitchen


Your Say

Health » Sexual-health » Baby-urge-081114
Surrogacy Is A Second Option To IVF

Dr. Aniruddha Malpani Dr. Aniruddha Malpani
Renowned infertility specialist. He runs an infertility clinic in Mumbai and has written many books.

Second Opinion From A Specialist Is A Must

Question Raje asks,
Could you please let me know that after 3-4 IUI treatments - without any success, can any one conceive naturally. What is the possibility? Both the tubes are normal. Taking Metformin 850 mg morning and night daily. Periods are now regular.
Answer Dear Raje,

I don't have enough information to be able to answer your questions intelligently, sorry. What's the sperm count? How old are you? What's your diagnosis? If 3 IUI cycles have failed, you should get a second opinion from a specialist to review your medical records. Your next option may by IVF.


Surrogate Mother

Question Mrs Khalid asks,
I'm 35 yrs and my husband is 38 yrs, we are married. Since the past 3 years I have Mullerian agenesis. My doctor has advised me to go for surrogacy, as I asked for my own child. Doctor, what are the risk factors of success and failures, what could be the complications? And what would be the process as my younger sister who herself is a doctor and 4 months pregnant is willing to be surrogate mother for my child.
Answer Dear Mrs Khalid,

Yes, I agree you need a surrogate. If your sister is willing to be an altruistic surrogate, that is great. Basically, the IVF clinic will have to super ovulate you to help you grow lots of eggs; these will have to be collected and fertilized with your husband's sperm; and the embryos then transferred into your sister's uterus after preparing this, so she can give birth to the baby. Physically it is very much viable. Emotionally also you will need help to see you through it.

Zero Sperm Count

Question Jennifer asks,
I wanted to find out if Azoospermia could be treated because my husband is has it and I am in desperate need of a child.
Answer Dear Jennifer,

It appears your hubby has a zero sperm count. Can you send me the detailed Semen analysis report? Volume? Fructose? PH? Please repeat it again. Do 2 samples, after an interval of 1 hour (sequential ejaculate), and ask them to centrifuge the sample and check the pellet for sperm precursors. Send me this report once you get it if it's still zero, then the next step is to find out what the reason for your Azoospermia is.

There are 2 possibilities - Obstructive Azoospermia; or Non-Obstructive Azoospermia. You need a testis biopsy to determine if sperm are being produced in the testes or not. A good urologist will do this for you. Ask him to do multiple microbiopsies and send them to the pathology laboratory in Bouin's fluid. Let me know what the report is once you get this.

shaaditimes newsletters
Get FREE newsletters by email

Weekly [?]
Fashion Passion [?]
HealthLine [?]
Homemaker [?]
Travelogue [?]

Expert Advice

Relationships : Improving Relationships

Foodie Goodies : Festive Savouries

Hair Care : RegrowSure & StrongSure Scalp Therapy

Vaastu Shastra : Vaastu Can Resolve Relationship Dilemmas

Ask our Experts :
Expert Advice, Personality, Immigration (US), Tarot, Hot Couture, Body Care, Matrimonial Laws, Sexual Health, Life, etc, Man vs Woman, Fitness.

Intimacy Special


Celebrate the joy of Marriage. Meet your Perfect Partner Today! Join FREE.
Network Sites : | | | |

Copyright © 2023 - A relationship and wedding portal by - All Rights Reserved. Terms and Conditions